Go ahead. Poke around the bio. Get to know me.
If you’re thinking about hiring DKR Communications, shouldn’t you know if the person behind the company – that’d be me, Diane K. Rose – has the skills and expertise to suit your business needs?
After earning a bachelor’s degree in mass communications, I left my native Florida to join the ranks of the military spouse – a lifestyle marked by long separations, frequent moves and little chance to set up a career path. The flip side was a wonderful opportunity to experience new cultures and diverse work experiences. I also fit in a master’s degree in public relations along the way.
The result? A résumé that’s a bit long but includes a wealth of public relations, marketing and writing across a number of fields, and an extraordinary level of adaptability when it comes to new challenges and new subjects.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of my positions during the last 20+ years:
- Director of Public Relations at a NYSE-listed global technology company based in Tampa, Florida
- Editor for the U.S. Army Command & General Staff College at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas
- Communications Specialist for a large hospital in Temple, Texas
- Newspaper Copy Editor for special sections at a daily paper in Huntington, West Virginia
- Public Relations Officer at an art museum in Huntington, West Virginia
- Executive Editor of a 200,000-monthly circulation English language general interest magazine distributed in Europe
- Public Affairs Specialist for a U.S. military community in Hanau, Germany
- General Assignment Reporter for a local newspaper in Leesville, Louisiana
- Associate Professor who taught writing, journalism and public relations in Killeen, Texas, and on U.S. military installations in Germany
I get ridiculous pleasure from eavesdropping at restaurants, during ballgames and in just about any other public venue. If you couldn’t give a hoot about my personal life, just check out the services page. Otherwise, here are some non-essential Diane facts in no particular order:
- Prefers adventure over a clean house.
- On a quest to find the perfect bottle of red wine that costs under $15 (research, research, research).
- Understands semicolons.
- Ran a marathon (26.2 miles). Once. Checked the box.
- Prefers to swim in water that’s at least 88 degrees. (I grew up in Florida playing in the bathwater temperatures of the Gulf of Mexico.)
- Rabid supporter of the Tampa Bay Rays baseball team.
If you’d like more gory details, please check me out on LinkedIn, follow me via Twitter or just get directly in touch via contact page.